18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Date: Wednesday, 15th November 2023
Kick-Off: 16:00 GMT
Venue: Stade de la Capitale
Half-Time Congo DR
Over 1.5 Congo DR Goals
2-0 to Congo DR
*These odds were correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change*
After more than 9 years, Congo DR and Mauritania meet for the third time in 2023. We preview the CAF World Cup qualifiers in this post.
Congo DR vs Mauritania Predictions by Football Ground Guide
There have been a total of two meetings between Congo DR and Mauritania this year. Both teams were won by Congo DR, starting with a 3-1 win at home and a 0-3 away victory in the second leg of AFCON in March this year. Interestingly, Mauritania went to 10 men due to a red card decision. Will Mauritania get their revenge in this CAF World Cup qualifier?
Here are the best three Congo DR vs Mauritania predictions:
First Half Result Prediction – Congo DR to Win First-Half
There have been three meetings in the past. Congo DR won all of them. We expect the fourth win for Congo DR in this World Cup qualifier clash. The 1X2 betting market gives Congo DR a win probability of at least 70% with odds of 1.42. In two of the previous three meetings between Congo DR and Mauritania, Congo DR were ahead at the break. The hosts have a superior form coming to this duel, so they are our pick to lead at the interval.
Total team goals prediction – Over 1.5 Congo DR Goals
In another Congo DR vs Mauritania prediction, we have settled on at least two Congo DR goals. They scored three goals in two meetings and won the first duel back in 2014 with a single goal to nil. This will be an interesting clash and with home support, we think Congo DR are likely to score two or more goals for the third time in a row against Mauritania.
Correct score prediction – 2-0 to Congo DR
In the final Congo DR vs Mauritania prediction, we expect the third clean sheet win for Congo DR against Mauritania in four meetings. With that, we are tipping a correct score of 2-0 Congo DR Victory in this World Cup qualifiers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the current ranking of Congo DR and Mauritania by FIFA? Congo DR is 65th while Mauritania is 101 on the FIFA rankings.
- Who are the head coaches of these teams? The current Congo DR head coach is Sebastien Desabre while the Mauritania head coach is Amir Abdou.
- Which stadium will host Mauritania vs Congo DR, round 4 of the 2023 AFCON qualifiers? Stade de la Capitale.
- Will the CAF World Cup qualifier pitting Congo DR against Mauritania on 15th November 2023 be televised in the UK? Yes, the match will be live on FIFA + TV.
- Which are the other teams in the Group B of the CAF World Cup qualifier? Senegal, South Sudan, Sudan, and Togo.