18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Date: 18th April 2022
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK, 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadium of Light
TV: Sky Sports Red Button
Sunderland to Win
Under 2.5 Goals
2-0 to Sunderland
The odds are accurate at the time of writing and are subject to change. Check carefully before finalising your wager with Netbet and SBK, our recommended bookmaker.
Sunderland vs Huddersfield: Top Free Betting Tips
Looking forward to retaining their winning momentum, Sunderland lines up against Huddersfield Town in the next fixture on Tuesday, 18 April. The Terriers enter the Stadium of Light after a defeat and a draw against Swansea and Blackburn respectively.
Match Result Prediction: Sunderland to Win
Sunderland has gone undefeated in the previous five league affairs and won two of them. The Black Cats have not been great at Stadium of Light, however, managed to end their winless streak in the previous home game against Birmingham. On the other hand, Huddersfield has tasted five defeats in the previous seven games away from John Smith’s Stadium. In the H2Hs, Sunderland won three of the four meetings with the Terriers in front of the home fans. Hence, the Black Cats have more potential to secure three points in this game.
Total Goals Prediction: Under 2.5 Goals
Three of the previous five meetings between these teams at Stadium of Light have ended with Under 2.5 Goals. Sunderland has rattled the net eight times in the previous five matches in EFL Championship. Huddersfield scored ten goals in the same duration but they have been struggling in the road fixtures. The Terriers hit the back of the net only four times in the last seven games away from John Smith’s Stadium. Therefore, we predict this game to display a low-scoring total at the end of the ninety minutes.
Correct Score Prediction: 2-0 to Sunderland
Sunderland rattled the net six times in the last two home games, scoring more than once in both of them. However, the Terriers have been unable to find the back of the net in five of the recent seven fixtures on the road. Sunderland has also claimed two clean sheets in the previous four league affairs. On the other hand, the Terriers conceded at least twice goals in three matches in the aforestated period. In light of the current scenario, we predict Sunderland to have a 2-0 lead at the full-time.
Sunderland vs Huddersfield: Form, Recent Games, and News
Sunderland ended their five-matches winless run at Stadium of Light in the last game with a victory over Birmingham City. Sunderland came from behind with Trai Hume’s equaliser and Amad Diallo’s strike to earn a 2-1 lead. The team’s preparation will take a hit by the absences of seven players due to injury.
After a five-match undefeated streak, the Terriers dropped all three points in the last game against Swansea City. Ryan Manning’s only goal in the 69th minute was enough for the Swans to earn an unassailable lead. Manager Neil Warnock will also be worried in this game with Kieran Phillips and two other players missing the game due to injuries.
Top Betting Odds and Stats for Sunderland vs Huddersfield
Here are the top stats for the game along with a tool to help you pick the best odds.
Sunderland vs Huddersfield's Recent Form:
Sunderland vs Huddersfield's Recent Form:
FAQs regarding Sunderland vs Huddersfield
- Who is the bookmakers' favourite to win? Sunderland @ 73/100 (1.73)
- Who is the referee for this match? Liam Doughty. The match official averages 4.2 yellow cards from 61 matches he has been in charge of in the division. Moreover, he has issued 11 red cards and awarded 10 penalties in 61 England Championship matches.
- Who won the last Head to Head fixture? 0-2 to Sunderland
- Where will Sunderland host Huddersfield Town for this encounter? The game will be played at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday, 18th April 2023. The stadium has a seating capacity of 49,000.
- How did Huddersfield perform in their recent away matches against Sunderland? This will be the first away trip against Sunderland.
- What is the ranking of Sunderland in home performance ahead of this clash with Huddersfield? Sunderland is ranked 16th in home performance ahead of this clash with Huddersfield Town. Sunderland has so far bagged 7 wins, 7 draws and lost 7 times in 21 home matches. Moreover, the hosts have scored 30 and leaked as many goals in the 21 matches they have played at the Stadium of Light.
- What is the current away ranking of Hudderfield Town? Huddersfield is 21st or the 4th-worst away team after collecting 16 points from 21 trips of 4 wins, 4 drws and 13 defeats.