18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Date: Tuesday 16th January 2024
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK, 20:45 CET
Venue: Silverlake Stadium
Eastleigh vs Newport County: Top free betting tips
Our Eastleigh vs Newport prediction is for a close match that will go down to the wire as both sides know they will host Manchester United should they progress through to the fourth round.
League Two side Newport County are no strangers to a cup run after reaching the third round in 2021 where they narrowly lost to Brighton and then again in 2019 as they reached the fifth round, having beaten Leicester City and then Middlesbrough before being beaten by Manchester City. Eastleigh have never reached the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Both teams to score prediction: Yes
Our first Eastleigh vs Newport prediction is for both teams to find the back of the net. Newport have kept one clean sheet in their previous fourteen matches. Eastleigh have gone sixteen matches without keeping a clean sheet.
Total goals prediction: Over 2.5 goals
Our second Eastleigh vs Newport prediction is that more than 2.5 goals were scored in this FA Cup replay. Newport have conceded or scored 3+ times in three of their previous six matches, a 4-4 draw, 4-1 defeat and 5-3 win. Newport has gone four matches without 2.5 goals or more but did win 4-2 before that.
Correct score prediction: 2-2 draw
For our final Eastleigh vs Newport prediction, we have, as usual, gone with a correct score prediction. We predict this to be yet another close match and will go the extra time, and then potentially penalties. Manchester United await the winners of this tie.
Three of Newport's previous four matches have all ended in a draw.
How far will Newport’s fans travel to Eastleigh?
The driving distance between Newport and Eastleigh is 122 miles (197km). It is a fairly straightforward journey with the estimated travelling time being around two hours.
Newport fans will have to go via the Severn Bridge from South Wales to near Bristol, the South of England, the M4 will be the road Newport County fans will be on for most of the journey.
Eastleigh vs Newport County: Tickets
The only tickets left for this match are seated tickets with adult tickets being priced at £21. If you want tickets, be quick as they are selling fast.
FAQs: Eastleigh vs Newport County.
- Who is Eastleigh's top goalscorer? The top scorer for Eastleigh this season is Paul McCallum who has scored an incredible twenty-two goals in twenty-one league matches. McCallum was at Chesterfield last season where he scored three times.
- Who is Newport County's top goalscorer? The top scorer for Newport County is Will Evans with fifteen goals
- What is the attendance at Eastleight's Silverlake Stadium? The Silverlake Stadium can hold up to 5,500 spectators.
- Who is the Eastleigh manager? Richard Hill is the man in charge of the National League side.
- Who is the Newport County manager? Newport County is managed by former Bristol Rovers and Mansfield Town manager Graham Coughlan and has been since October 2022.