18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Date: 14th June 2023
Kick-off: 14:00 UK
Gambia to Score First
We have an expert preview of South Sudan vs Gambia, an AFCON qualifier clash scheduled for Wednesday, 14th June 2023. We preview the game in this post to provide our readers with top free predictions for the encounter.
South Sudan vs Gambia Predictions by Punditfeed
Both South Sudan and Gambia have played four qualifier matches with the hosts losing three of the games and winning once. Gambia on the other hand won two and lost two of those AFCON qualifier matches. The following are the best and free South Sudan vs Gambia predictions ahead of the 5th game of the AFCON qualifiers:
First Team to Score Prediction: Gambia to Score First
In our first South Sudan vs Gambia prediction, our tip is on the team to open the lead in this game. Gambia is our pick to score the first match goal, noting that the visitors have never lost to South Suda, winning previous meetings – both at the coaching and team level. Gambia leaked three goals and bagged two clean sheets in the 4 group-stage matches already played while South Sudan conceded 6 goals in as many qualifier matches.
Team to Score Prediction: Both Teams to Score
Another result to expect from this game based on our South Sudan vs Gambia prediction is both teams to score. Zambia is our favourite to score first but with home support in this game, we think South Sudan will equally score in this game. With that, BTTS is another probable outcome to expect in this game.
Match Result: 1-1 Draw
The next South Sudan vs Gambia prediction is a correct score and our pick for South Sudan vs Gambia is a correct score of 1-1. The hosts have the advantage of home support, so while they are the weaker side, South Sudan still has a chance in the AFCON if they win their remaining two games. We think the probability of a 1-1 draw is quite high in this game.
South Sudan vs Gambia Fixture Preview
South Sudan is the weaker side in this matchup against the Gambia.
The hosts are currently ranked 163rd by FIFA while Gambia sits on the 120th spot. In the previous duel, having met just once, Gambia won the duel by a goal to nil. We also expect the second meeting to also end in favour of Gambia as they are keen to kick off the international campaign on a high note. The visiting coach has twice defeated South Sudan's head coach, which is another vital stat ahead of this duel.
South Sudan vs Gambia Stats and Team Information
For the highest South Sudan vs Gambia odds, current team form and the latest stats, see the details below.
- This will be the second meeting between South Sudan and Gambia.
- The Gambia won the previous encounter 1-0 at home.
- The visiting coach, Tom Saintfiet has defeated South Sudan's head coach, Stefano Cusin, twice in two meetings.
- South Sudan vs Gambia lineups will be announced on matchday.
FAQs – South Sudan vs Gambia
- Who are the hosts in this AFCON qualifier? South Sudan will host the Gambia in this game.
- What are the current standings of the teams in the Group G of AFCON qualifiers? Gambia is ranked 2nd while South Sudan is last in the rankings.
- How many goals have each of the teams conceded so far? South Sudan has leaked 6 goals in 4 qualifier matches while the Gambia has leaked 3 goals in as many matches.