18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
In just three days, Manchester City and Manchester United fans will embark on the capital to see their teams face off against each other in the first-ever Manchester Derby FA Cup final. City are the favourites going into the match as they look to complete the second part of a famous treble.
Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013, the blue half of Manchester have consistently gotten the better of their red counterparts and the City faithful will be in a confident mood as they make the journey down to London on Saturday morning.
As the game is being played between two bitter rivals, the police are keen to keep both sets of supporters as far away from each other as possible. This means that even service stations on the route from Manchester to London have been segregated.
If you're a Manchester City fan looking for all the pub information for pre-match drinks then here is everything that you need to know.
Which Wembley pubs have been allocated to Manchester City fans?
With just three days to go to the final, the pubs allocated to both sets of supporters is yet to be formally announced. This is quite unusual when compared to previous events at Wembley Stadium but there is reason to believe that Manchester City fans will be allocated pubs on the west side of Wembley as that is the side of the stadium where they will be situated for the duration of the match.
Pubs on the west side of Wembley include:
- The Arch, 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
- Blue Room – 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
- Copper Jug – 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
- Corner House – 313 Harrow Road, Wembley HA9 6BA
- Flannerys – 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
- Fusilier Inn – 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
- Green Man – Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF JJ Moons – 397
- High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
- Liquor Station – 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
- Masti’s – 576 – 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
- Moore Spice – Wembley Retail Park, Unit 2, Engineers Way, HA9 0EW
- Station 31 – 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
- Thirsty Eddie’s – 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
The last time the two sides met in an FA Cup clash at Wembley back in 2011, City were also allocated the west side of the stadium. On that occasion, the Blues beat United courtesy of a goal from Yaya Toure so the City faithful will be hoping that this is a good omen ahead of the big game.
Which other pubs can City fans enjoy before the FA Cup Final?
The match is set to kick off at 15:00 UK time so most fans will likely elect to stay around Wembley Stadium beforehand. However, for anyone who arrives early enough, there are also some nearby tube stations that may be worth heading to.
One popular drinking destination on a direct line to Wembley is Baker Street. There are several pubs within walking distance from the tube station, including a Wetherspoons, meaning there are plenty of options if certain places get too busy.