18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
The FA Cup final is just two days away which means fans of Manchester United and Manchester City will currently be finalising their plans ahead of what many people are calling the biggest FA Cup Final in living memory.
With Manchester City chasing the treble that their neighbours completed 24 years ago, the match sells itself and millions of people across the world are expected to tune in on Saturday. For the lucky people in attendance, the day is about so much more than just the 90 minutes of football.
Pre-match drinking and eating is a tradition in English football and one that both groups of supporters will be adhering to on Saturday. With Manchester City allocated the west side of Wembley, and Manchester United the east side, there are certain pubs that will be out of bounds depending on who you support.
Which pubs are on the west side of Wembley Stadium?
The west side of Wembley, where Manchester City supporters will spend their day on Saturday, is full of great pubs. Arguably the best pub in the surrounding area of Wembley is the Green Man which is half a mile west of Wembley Stadium. That isn't the only option on that side of the stadium, though, with plenty of other places being perfectly good options if the Green Man reaches capacity.
The full list of pubs on the west side of Wembley is as follows:
- The Arch, 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
- Blue Room – 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
- Copper Jug – 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
- Corner House – 313 Harrow Road, Wembley HA9 6BA
- Flannerys – 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
- Fusilier Inn – 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
- Green Man – Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF JJ Moons – 397
- High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
- Liquor Station – 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
- Masti’s – 576 – 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
- Moore Spice – Wembley Retail Park, Unit 2, Engineers Way, HA9 0EW
- Station 31 – 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
- Thirsty Eddie’s – 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
Which pubs are on the east side of Wembley Stadium?
The east side of Wembley is generally considered the worst of the two sides by fans who have visited the area. For starters, there are fewer pubs than there are on the west side and none of them are as big as the Green Man. The most popular pub on the east side is the Torch which is around 0.7 miles east of the stadium but this tends to fill up fast on matchday.
The full list of pubs on the east side of Wembley is as follows:
- Blue Check Cafe – 12/13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ
- Crock of Gold – 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
- Crystal Club (Silverspoon) – South Way, Wembley, HA9 0HB
- Double 6 Sports Bar – 125 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley HA9 8HQ
- Flyer’s Bar – 45 Blackbird Hill, NW9 8RS
- St Joseph’s Social Club – Empire Way Wembley HA9 0RJ
- The Parish – 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP
- The Torch – Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
- Watkins Folly – 1 Empire Way, Wembley HA9 0EW
- Wembley Tavern – 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
Other places to drink near Wembley Stadium
If it's a nice day when you visit Wembley, then the fan zones which organisers put on for the biggest events are usually a great option. Typically, there is one for fans on the east side of the stadium and one for fans on the west. Within these fan zones, supporters are able to purchase food and drink while they wait for kick-off.