18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Betting on Football is a fan-favorite for many punters because the sport is the most popular one in the world. The first thing that every bettor needs to know before they place a single or multiple bet on Football is how to do it. All wagers are placed after the punter (you) fills out a wagering coupon. There are two kinds of betting coupons – one is online, and the other is an offline bet slip. In this article, we will explain to you how to fill out both kinds of coupons correctly.
What is a Betting Coupon?
A coupon is what it sounds like a type of form you have to fill out, and with it, you can place a wager on an event. In our case, we would look at Football betting coupons. More accurately, a football coupon is a list of the outcomes of matches or events in a category offered by the bookmaker. Bookmakers organize coupons, so it's easier for the punter to find the wager or game they are looking for.
Types of Betting Coupons
There are many kinds of Football coupons offered by bookmakers, but the most common types are:
- UK Matches
- International Matches
- Weekend Matches
- European Matches
- Match Result
- Over/Under Goals
- Both Teams to Score
- Correct Score
- Goal in Both Halves
There are other types of Football betting coupons, but the possibilities are many, and they depend on the bookmaker you wager with. We will explain the most popular types of Football coupons.
Football Match Result Coupons
The Match Result Coupon is the most popular type there is. You wager on the outcome of events (full-time result) with the possibility of wagering on the home or away team to win or wager on a draw.
Both Teams to Score Coupons
These types of Football betting coupons are the opposite of the Match result ones. Instead of wagering on which team would win, you are wagering on the amount of goal scored during the game. You can either place a “Yes” or a “No” bet depending on which outcome you think would occur. The title of the coupon pretty much explains what you wager on.
Over/Under Goals Coupons
This kind of coupon is also very trendy. In it, you predict if the total number of goals in the match by both teams would be over or under a specific value. Usually, the value is something like “2.5,” so the outcome always has two possibilities and doesn't result in exactly the number.
How to Fill in an Online Football Betting Coupon?
Online bookmakers have made the process of placing a coupon bet straightforward. Here are the steps you need to take to place a bet with the help of an online bookmaker’s Football coupon.
- Open the bookmaker’s online website or mobile app.
- If you haven't got an account with them, register to the platform, and verify your account.
- Navigate to the Football tab on the platform.
- Choose a Football Coupon you want to wager on.
- Choose if you want to place a single or a multiple bet.
- Click on the Odds or the outcome of the match to put it on your bet slip.
- Place your wager and wait for the results.
How to Fill in an Offline Football Betting Coupon?
Bookmaker shops are old-fashioned as some may say, but some people still prefer placing bets there, rather than doing it online. The process of placing a bet there is slightly different than when you place a wager online. You would have to be over the age of eighteen to place a bet in a betting (bookmaker) shop anywhere in Europe and other countries.
- First, you would need to go to the bookmaker shop you want to place a wager in. Many betting shops belong to different bookmakers around the UK that provide offline betting, such as Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, etc.
- Get an empty Football coupon and see which matches are included in it.
- Check the odds for the match or matches you want to place a bet on.
- Fill in the empty bet slip either by typing the name of the event and the odds you want to place the bet or ticking the boxes displayed next to the game or events you wish to wager on. There are two types of bet slips. The old-fashioned ones, you need to fill out on your own, while on the new ones, only have to tick the boxes of the odds or events you choose.
- Hand in the bet slip at the counter, wait for the teller to register your bet in the system, and hand you the receipt. With that receipt, you would be able to claim your reward if you win.
Football Coupons – Frequently Asked Questions
Do bookmakers only offer Football Coupons, or are there coupons on other sports as well?
Different bookmakers offer betting coupons on different sports. Football is the most popular sport globally, so coupons on it exist on every bookie platform, no matter if it’s online or offline.
Do I need a registration to the bookmaker platform to fill in and place an offline betting coupon?
No, you don’t. You can do it without having an account with the bookie, but the benefits of creating one are many, like the attractive welcome bonuses, regular odds boosts, etc.
Are Football Coupons available on every online bookmaker platform?
We can't be sure that Football Coupons are available on every bookmaker's platform because new bookies live almost every day. But we can safely say that most popular bookmakers feature them.
Do odds or bet boosts apply for Football coupons?
Different bookies release different price or bet boosts, so there might be some available for matches that are also on Football coupons. You would have to check the bookie web page or app daily because some boosts are updated every twenty-four hours.
Can I place an Accumulator bet with the Football Coupons offered by the bookmaker?
Yes, you can.
Crystal PalaceSelhurst Park
Swansea CityLiberty Stadium
Swindon TownEnergy Check County Ground