18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Bet Builder Feature Explained
Bet Builder is a feature mostly used on Football events. Some bookmakers offer Bet Builders for a broader range of sports, but they are limited. Using the feature is easier than you might think. In this article, we will explain everything you would need to know about Bet Builders and how to use them on Football matches.
The Bet Builder feature comes from the need of customers to request wagers from the bookmakers. Some people think that the Request A Bet” feature is the same as the Bet Builder feature, but they would be wrong. To place a wager via the “Request A Bet” feature, you would have to tweet the bookmaker with the hashtag related to the offer (you will see the hashtags for the popular bookies in the rest of the article). Then you have to wait for a reply from the bookie. They will send a link to the bet slip (make sure you are logged in first), and place it with the already filled out bet slip.
In 2018 the feature was automated and introduced on the Bet365 platform first. Instead of reviewing each customer request separately, with the help of the Bet Builder feature, you can create your custom wagers. You can add bets from the same match across a couple of games. If a combination of wagers weren't put together, the Bet Builder system would notify you immediately. The Bet Builder only works with pre-game markets, and depending on the bookmaker, you can add a different amount of selections in a single Bet Builder.
How to use the Football Bet Builder
Using the Bet Builder is quite easy; depending on the bookmaker, the user interface of the feature would have a different design, but the process is essentially the same. You first need a verified account on the bookmaker's platform. Choose a match you want to wager on, and then select the “Bet Builder” feature. Depending on the design interface of the Bet Builder, you would wither need to click on the “Add Selection” or directly choose from a list of selections. Then the bets would be added to your bet slip, and you would see the summarized odds. After you complete the choosing process, you need to confirm the odds and click “Place Bet.” You can view all the latest details on your wager in the “My Bets” section. Bet Builder is available to all customers, as long as they are registered to the platform, with a verified account.
Mobile-Only Bet Builder
Mobile wagering has become widely popular, and most punters nowadays use mobile applications to place bets. Many bookmakers provide the Bet Builder feature for both their online and mobile platforms. Some bookies choose to provide the option only for their mobile site or mobile app. These bookies are NetBet and Mansion Bet.
Bet Builder Odds
Different bookmakers calculate different odds for the Bet Builder feature. We took a look at some of the largest brands that have the Bet Builder feature available. We combined the same bet selections on the different bookmaker Bet Builders, and we compared the results. We found out that the best odds provided for this feature come from Betfair, Unibet, 888 Sport, and Bet365. We aren't saying that the rest of the bookies offer low odds for the football events, so if you want to check a few bookmakers yourself to see which odds you would like the best, go ahead.
Bookmakers Using the Bet Builder Feature
We have compiled a list of the best Bet Builder bookmakers, in our opinion:
- Bet365 – the popular bookmaker, who took the concept of the “Request A Bet” feature, and invented the automatic Bet Builder feature. Some specific terms and conditions go alongside the Bet Builder feature, like Cash-out, and other features aren't available to use in combination with Bet Builder, and you can only add up to six markets at a time. Note the Bet Builder is compatible with the welcome bonus code.
- Betfair – the established bookie offers the “Same Game Multi” feature, which is the same as Bet Builder but rebranded. You can place different bets on the same football match and combine them in a single wager.
- Unibet – the feature is easily accessible to and available for all Football matches. There aren't many markets to choose from, but the odds Unibet provides for Bet Builder wagers are among the best on the market.
- 888 Sport – the 888 Sports Bet Builder feature is easy-to-access, and you can place a maximum of five wagers in a single Bet Builder. The Bet Builder feature design is user-friendly.
- BetVictor– the bookmaker's Bet Builder feature is easy-to-use, and you can even browse through other customers' Bet Builders and choose to place the same wager as them if you can't think of a unique combination you want to place.
- Ladbrokes – the bookie recently added the Bet Builder feature to their library. It doesn't have a limit on how many bets you can add to it for a match, and you can add all available markets to the Bet Builder if you want. The feature is user-friendly, and you can access it via the mobile as well.
Some bookmakers still use the “Request a Bet” feature, which does the same, but it isn't as optimized as the Bet Builder feature. Here are the bookmakers with this feature and the Twitter hashtag you would have to use in the tweet:
- William Hill – #YourOdds
- Ladbrokes – #GetAPrice
- Paddy Power – #WhatOdds
- Betway – #BetYourWay
- Betfred – #PickYourPunt
- Betfair – #OddsOnThat
- Coral – #YourCall
Our Final Conclusion on Bet Builders
Bet Builder is a popular feature that many customers use nowadays, mostly for Football events. Some bookies have adapted the feature for Basketball, American Football, Tennis, and Cricket as well. Most customers like to place Bet Builder wagers on Football, and many bookmakers provide that convenience. The feature itself is easy-to-use, and the interface that bookmakers introduce is user-friendly. There is a similar feature that pre-dated it, and some bookmakers still use it, but the Bet Builder is the more high-end version, and many customers prefer it because it's faster.