Smarkets is an online sportsbook established in 2008 and has grown substantially over the years. Here’s everything you need to know about Smarkets welcome bonus and promo codes for 2020.
1. Once the bonus is credited to your account, losses will be refunded up to the bonus amount. 2. You must deposit at least the qualifying deposit of £20 (or currency equivalent) in a single amount with your first deposit to be eligible for the rebate. 3. To withdraw rebated funds, you must bet at least the qualifying deposit on any combination of markets within the promotional period; otherwise rebated funds will be forfeited. 4. Unused bonuses expire after seven days of being credited to a user account and will be removed after this period. 5. Users making their first deposit by Skrill, Neteller, PayPal or a virtual/prepaid card will not qualify for this promotion. 6. The sign up offer is strictly limited to one per individual, family, household address, email address, same payment account number, and shared computer. 7. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other sign-up promotion. 8. Smarkets standard terms for promotions apply.
Latest Smarkets Promo Codes for 2020
Welcome Bonus: Receive a £10 refund on your first market loss.
Why Use Promo Codes on Smarkets?
Promo codes are used to unlock special offers, bonuses, and content that is not available otherwise to players. Many bonuses can only be accessed through promo codes, so not using them would mean that you’d miss out on some exciting offers.
But you must also keep in mind that promo codes usually have a time limit, and they expire after a certain period. It’s always best to enter promo codes during the signup process.
How to Enter Promo Codes While Getting Started with Smarkets
The registration process at Smarkets and quick and simple, and you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit their official site and click ‘Create Account’ at the top right corner of the home page.
- Step 2: Once the sign-up page opens, enter your email address, set a password for your account, and enter your date of birth.
- Step 3: You will find the box to enter the promo code at the bottom, so put in a valid code here and then click on Continue to proceed to the next step.
- Step 4: On the next step, you must enter your full name, mobile number (which is optional), and your full address.
Once these steps are completed, your account will be created, and you can now log in. There are still a few things you need to complete before your account is active and ready to make deposits.
First of all, you need to check your email for a confirmation message and verify the email address. Next, you will have to submit some documents to verify your identity and address. Once your documents have been verified, you can proceed to make the first deposit.
Smarkets Welcome Bonus Full Details
Full details of the bonus offer provided by Smarkets are explained below:
The welcome bonus at Smarkets offers all new players a £10 cash refund when they face their first market loss. Let’s take a look at how the bonus works and all related terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of the Welcome Bonus
- You must make a minimum deposit of £20 to qualify for the bonus.
- After making the deposit, you must place bets on one or more markets.
- Once the bets have been settled, when you lose bets worth £10, the same amount will be credited to your account. Even if you keep winning your first few bets, the bonus will remain active and will be credited to your account when you bear your first loss.
- The bonus that is refunded to your account can be withdrawn only after you have placed total bets worth £20.
- The bonus must either be withdrawn or wagered within 7 days of being credited to your account, after which it will expire.
- Deposits made from e-wallets such as Neteller, Skrill, and PayPal do not qualify for this welcome bonus offer.
Some Expired Bonuses at Smarkets
Let’s take a look at some bonus offers on Smarkets that have recently expired and are no longer available.
- Refer a Friend Bonus
The referral bonus at Smarkets granted players a £10 risk-free bonus for every user that registered with their referral code. The bonus expired on 31st March 2020, as you can no longer get this bonus for referring players who sign up after the mentioned date.
- 0% Commission Rates
From 14th to 21st of July 2020, Smarkets chose selected customers for this offer through an email notification. Selected customers would get the benefit of settling their bets at 0% commission rates.
Detailed Review of Additional Features at Smarkets
Multiple features must be taken into account when registering with any sportsbook. To help our readers get a better insight and make a well-informed decision on whether they want to join Smarkets, we have reviewed their most important features in detail.
Quality of Customer Service
Smarkets offers a lot of options through which customers can get in touch with their representatives. Their live chat feature can be accessed 24/7 on their site, but you must be logged in to get the live chat option. It’s the fastest way to contact them as the response is usually instant or hardly takes a few minutes at most.
They have listed their email address and postal address, and they even have contact helpline where customers can call and speak to their representatives directly. And lastly, you can reach out to them on their official Twitter handle too.
Both email and live chat are the best methods to contact the customer support team. Many customers would prefer phone contact for a direct conversation, but the helpline is not available 24/7, and it’s harder to get through to them on call at all times.
Regardless of what method you use, once you do get a hold of the customer support team, you will find them to be extremely cooperative and professional. They take customer queries seriously and try to take prompt action as best as they can.
Banking Options and Payment Methods
Smarkets has plenty of payment methods to keep all customers happy and transactions flowing smoothly. All the available deposit and withdrawal methods are listed below.
- Open Banking – minimum £10.
- Visa/MasterCard/Eurocard – minimum £10.
- Solo/Maestro Card – minimum £10.
- Neteller and Skrill – a minimum of £10 and a maximum of £5000 per day.
- Trustly – a minimum of £40.
- PayPal – a minimum of £20 and a maximum of £200 per day.
- Bank Transfer – a minimum of £20.
All deposits are free and instant, except bank transfer, which takes 3-5 business days.
- Open Banking – minimum £10; takes up to 12 hours.
- Visa/MasterCard/Eurocard – minimum £10; takes 1-6 business days.
- Solo/Maestro Card – minimum £10; takes 1-6 business days.
- Neteller and Skrill – minimum £10; takes 1-2 business days.
- Trustly – minimum £40; takes 1-2 business days.
- PayPal – minimum £10 and a maximum of £5500; takes 1-2 business days.
- Bank Transfer – minimum £20; takes 5-10 business days.
Mobile Compatibility and Benefits of Playing on Mobile
It’s no surprise that many players prefer the mobile platform more than desktop when it comes to sportsbooks. After all, desktops can’t offer the flexibility that the mobile platform does. That’s why all the top betting operators launch their own mobile apps without fail. Let’s take a look at how Smarkets fares in the mobile platform.
Mobile App Performance
Smarkets’ mobile app gets more points than their official website in multiple areas. The interface is much more professional and clean than the website. The segmentation of categories is neat and well organized, and users will find everything just a few clicks away. The bet slips are really easy to use, and even first time users will get used to the betting interface right away. So Smarkets design, interface, and ease of use are commendable.
The performance of their app is also fast and smooth, with hardly any bugs or lags. This is to be expected as Smarkets is operated by a team of software engineers and experts in the field of digital technology. Considering every aspect of the app, both Android and iOS users will have a pleasant user experience.
- Extremely sleek and professional design
- Simple and convenient betting interface
- Fast performance
- Takes up significant storage space
- Requires permission to install from unknown sources
If, for any reason, you can’t or don’t want to use the Smarkets app for Android and iOS devices, then you will probably turn to their mobile website. Once again, the benefit of having a team of technical experts at Smarkets is that their mobile site performs flawlessly.
It’s optimized for all mobile browsers and works perfectly for different screen resolutions. However, things may seem a bit congested for smaller screens, but it’s not too big of an issue. In terms of features, the mobile site is exactly the same as the desktop site. Everything that you can do on the desktop site – creating an account, making payments, contacting the customer service – you can do it on the mobile site as well.
- Access to all features of the desktop site remotely
- Doesn’t take up storage space
- Loads even faster than the desktop site
- Can’t get push notifications like on the mobile app
- The interface is not as impressive as the app
Whether you choose to use the mobile app or mobile site, both options give you the freedom to play remotely anytime and anywhere. The push notifications of mobile apps are even more useful to get regular updates. That way, you don’t miss out on important events and matches. For example, if you’re planning to bet in-play for a match, getting notifications for when the match starts will be essential. So you’ll end up enjoying the mobile platforms of Smarkets a lot more than their desktop site.
Our Final Verdict On Smarkets – Not The Best In The Game But Highly Recommended
We won’t try to exaggerate the facts and claim that Smarkets is the best operator in the industry. There are bigger names such as Betfair and William Hill that are more popular and loaded with many more features.
But that should not take away anything from Smarkets as they are a solid competition for the big names in the industry. They have grown big and fast in the past few years and have a solid foundation on the technical side of things.
Whether it’s the website or the apps, there are very few technical issues that customers would face. And even when minor problems arise here and there, the customer support team is really good at handling things nice and quick.
Its app looks really good and performs even better. It has an impressive collection of sports, even including politics and TV entertainment events on their list. And most importantly, their payment systems are secure, fast, and reliable at all times. In the coming years, they should focus on improving their bonuses and promotions, and slowly expand to the online casino industry as well.
All things said and done, Smarkets is an excellent betting exchange operator, and we highly recommend our users to register with them because they are only going to grow bigger and get better with time. So now would be a perfect time to become one of their regular and loyal customers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Smarkets
1. Is Smarkets safe and reliable?
Smarkets has been operating since 2008 and is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority. So their services are legal and highly secure.
2. Can I play on Smarkets from anywhere in the UK?
Players from any location in the UK can place bets on Smarkets. It is based in the UK itself with its headquarters in central London.
3. What can I do if I forget the password for my Smarkets account?
If you ever forget the password for your account, you can provide your email address and date of birth, and you will receive instructions to reset the password on your email.
4. How can I close my Smarkets account?
If you wish to close your Smarkets account permanently, you must contact the customer support team as you can’t do it on your own from the website or the app.
5. Can I get details of my entire betting activity?
You can visit the Account Statement page, where you will find full details of all your betting activity and transactions to date.
Top 3 Reasons to Bet with Smarkets
While we have already given an overview of different features at Smarkets, here are three main reasons why you should start betting with them today:
1. In-play Bets
Smarkets has an interactive in-play betting system where you can place bets or modify your existing bets when a match is in progress. It allows you to build better strategies while making bets for a chance to earn more winnings.
2. Excellent Odds as a Betting Exchange
Betting exchanges generally offer better odds than normal bookmakers at the cost of a small commission fee. And Smarkets has one of the best odds in the market for many different sports, so you have a shot at bigger rewards.
3. High-Performance Apps
If you prefer betting on mobile platforms, then Smarkets is a great choice for you. Both their Android and iOS apps are excellent in terms of features, interface, and overall user experience, ensuring that you enjoy every second you spend on the app.